Monday, December 15, 2008

Ben Stein's movie

I watched Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed over the weekend. It's a documentary with Ben Stein where he meets with scientists who claim to have been disciplined for expressing support of Intelligent Design theory, evolutionary scientists who dismiss ID as nuts, and a several others.

The reviews for this movie were all over the place. Mostly you had religious people who gave it five stars because people love someone who supports their point of view. You have atheists and supporters of evolution giving it one star because anyone who believes in ID is a moron. What I find interesting is they seem to miss one of the main messages of the film that I thought was very important: You shouldn't be discouraged from asking questions.

What gets me about the whole thing is why does the origin of life have to be divided between evolution and God? It's this or that and those are your two choices. Why isn't their a third or fourth theory on where life began? Why are those my only two choices?

Also, evolutionists is it really that important that people accept it? Will that change someone's daily routine?

All in all, I thought it was okay as a documentary. I like Ben Stein, which is good because I probably would have zoned in some points if I didn't. It also raises some interesting points, but if you're staunchly on one side or the other, don't bother watching because it won't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home