Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yesterday was something?

Yesterday was "Day Without a Gay" day. The idea was for them to not go to work or something to show how important they are. No one seemed to notice.

Maybe you kinda sorta thought, "Hmmm. Somethings different, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh, I know. Shawn isn't here. Sure is nice that I get a break from his over reacting to small problems or the constant unnecessary inclusion of show tunes into conversations. My ears feel good getting a break from the ear piercing hiss he gets ever time he says 's' words."

If gays want to be taken seriously, here's what you do: Shut up about it.

I don't mean that in any way other than, just be cool. The coolest gay guys I know aren't like living cartoon characters. They identify themselves by their ambitions or dreams and not just being gay. I want to be able to say, "Oh, I didn't know you're gay. That's cool."

If straight people can identify with you, you'll have a much easier time getting the support you want from us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home